News and Commentary
Categories Priority Areas
- Interprofessional Education and Teamwork
- New Models for Clinical Education
- New Curriculum Content
- Career Development in Health Professions Education
- Care for Underserved Communities
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Belonging
- Increasing Collaboration Among Future Health Professionals
- Preparing Future Health Professionals to Navigate Ethical Dilemmas
New Research Q&A: Creating Safe and Effective Implicit Bias Training
We spoke with 2016 Macy Faculty Scholar and Associate Professor of Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Cristina Gonzalez, MD, MEd about her research and challenges of training students on implicit bias.
Social Determinants of Health: A required curriculum
As our healthcare system changes to a model that promotes not only treating and curing disease but preventing illness in the first place, doctors must be prepared to keep their patients healthy.
New Research Q&A: Why Do We Use Different Language to Describe Male and Female Teachers?
We spoke with 2018 Macy Faculty Scholar and Associate Dean of Faculty Development at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, C. Jessica Dine, MD, about her recently published a paper in JAMA...
Addressing the Next Patient Safety Emergency: Health Inequity
Social Medicine Consortium co-founder and Harvard Medical School assistant professor, Michelle Morse, MD, MPH, spoke to us about the importance of social medicine, its connection to health equity, and what medical...