Called Knowing Better, Doing Better, our strategic plan reflects our confidence that, by applying the latest knowledge, clinical learning environments can improve outcomes for patients, health care professionals, and the communities they serve.
To develop the future workforce of health professionals, we need learning environments that align with 21st-century needs. Our plan calls for investments in developing, expecting, and supporting exemplary learning environments, focusing on three primary objectives: promoting equity, increasing collaboration, and navigating ethical dilemmas.
Learn more about our priorities
Developing exemplary learning environments
Our learning environments must inspire and uphold the highest standards of the profession so that together we can ensure optimal learning for our trainees and exemplary care for our patients.
The importance of career development
Educators of future health professionals play a leading role in developing and nurturing exemplary learning environments. Career development of these educators is critical not only for teaching and guiding the next generation of health professionals, but also for these educators to become institutional and national leaders.
Learn more about our Macy Faculty Scholars
More information about our strategic plan
- Knowing Better, Doing Better: A New Strategy For Health Professionals’ Education (Health Affairs GrantWatch Blog)
- Clinical Learning Environments Lead the Fight Against COVID-19
- Psychological Safety Is a Science-Based Best Practice—Not “Coddling”
- Maternal Health Disparities: We Must Do Better
- Macy Foundation Announces New Strategic Funding Priorities (Press Release)