We are delighted to announce our ninth class of Macy Faculty Scholars!
- Richard E. Greene, MD, MHPE, FACP, New York University of School of Medicine
- Amanda J. Kirkpatrick, PhD, RN, Creighton University College of Nursing
- Barret Michalec, PhD, University of Delaware College of Health Sciences
- Rachel Marie E. Salas, MD, MEdHP, FAAN, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Michael Westerhaus, MD, MA, University of Minnesota Medical School
Each Scholar will engage in activities to enhance their career as an educator while pursuing a mentored educational innovation project at their home institution. Their projects deal with important themes spanning interprofessional education and practice, health disparities, empathy and communication in health profession students’ training, and the social determinants of health.
“The Macy Faculty Scholars continue to pave the way for health professions education reform,” said Dr. Holly J. Humphrey, President of the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation. “We are excited to see how the impressive group of Scholars in the 2019 class will continue to improve the way we prepare the doctors and nurses of the future.”
Learn more about the 2019 Macy Faculty Scholars and their projects.