Macy President George E. Thibault, MD spoke to faculty and staff of Quinnipiac University’s Center for Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences on innovations in health professions education. Dr. Thibault’s talk focused on six areas of innovation:
- interprofessional and interdisciplinary education;
- new models of clinical education;
- new content to complement the biological sciences;
- competency-based education;
- incorporation of new educational and information technologies;
- and increased efficiency and individualization of education.
He left the audience with advice for how Quinnipiac can be a leader in aligning health professions education with the health needs of the public. Read more about Dr. Thibault’s lecture in the North Haven News.
Read more about Quinnipiac University’s Frank H. Netter MD College of Medicine, a new medical school, in Macy’s latest monograph on new and developing medical schools.