Become a Macy Faculty Scholar
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of educational innovators in medicine and nursing.
The Foundation is looking for nursing and medical school faculty who are committed to careers in health professional education, have served for more than five years on the faculty of the sponsoring school, are innovators, and have shown promise as future leaders.
The application deadline for the 2016 Macy Faculty Scholars Program has passed. Check our website in the fall for details regarding the 2017 Macy Faculty Scholars Program.
Each candidate must:
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of the applicant's time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
Full details about the selection criteria and application process are available in the program brochure.
All applications must be completed online.
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.