Become a Macy Faculty Scholar
The Macy Faculty Scholars program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of educational innovators in medicine and nursing.
The Foundation is looking for nursing and medical school faculty who are committed to careers in health professional education, have served for more than five years on the faculty of the sponsoring school, are innovators, and have shown promise as future leaders.
The deadline for submitting applications to the 2014 Macy Faculty Scholars has past.
Each candidate must:
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school.
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school.
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development.
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support.
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of time.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
Full details about the selection criteria and application process are available in the program brochure.
On January 7, 2014, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation held its annual informational webinar about the Macy Faculty Scholars program. Participants received information about the selection criteria as well as instructions on how to apply to the program. Watch the full recording below:
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
All applications must be completed online.