Through its programs, the Foundation strives to foster innovation in health professional education and to align the education of health professionals with contemporary health needs and a changing health care system.
New Curriculum Content
We do a very good job of teaching the biologic and physical sciences as the basis for the practice of medicine, but we have not done as well incorporating other content such as patient safety, quality improvement and population health in our teaching. We need to broaden and integrate our curriculum across the educational continuum.
- Lessons Learned: Building a Competency-Based Medical Education Pilot
- A Message to First-Year Medical Students
- Web Conference Recording: Achieving Competency-Based Time Variable Health Professions Education
- Managing Implicit Bias for Better Health Outcomes
- The Future of Palliative Care Education
- 2015 Annual Meeting of the Macy Faculty Scholars
- eBriefing: Innovating and Updating the Medical School Curriculum
- eBriefing: H1N1 Swine Flu - The 2010 Perspective
- Redesigning Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- Reform of Continuing Medical Education: Investments in Physician Human Capital