News & Commentary
Join the Foundation, our grantees, and leading experts for commentary and the latest news on the education and training of health professionals.
Call for Applications: 2013 Macy Faculty Scholars Program
New York, NY
We are pleased to invite applications for the 2013 class of Macy Faculty Scholars.
The Macy Faculty Scholars program is designed to support early- to mid-career faculty in medicine and nursing who are dedicated to improving the education of health professionals. Up to five faculty are selected each year to pursue educational change at their home institutions—innovations that better prepare health professions graduates to succeed in our changing health care system and meet our nation’s health care needs.
- Salary support of $100,000 per year for two years
- At least 50% protected time for two years to pursue their educational projects
- Active mentorship by a senior faculty member at their institution
- Access to a national advisory committee
- Opportunities to participate in Macy conferences and other national meetings
Selected faculty will join our 10 talented Macy Faculty Scholars. Over the next decade, it is envisioned that the Macy Faculty Scholars will become national leaders in educational innovation and reform.
Areas of health professions education that the Macy Faculty Scholars might explore include:
- Interprofessional education to promote team work and interprofessional collaboration.
- New models of clinical education that emphasize longitudinal, integrated experiences with patients, families, and faculty.
- New content in health professional curricula such as quality improvement, patient safety, systems analysis, health economics, and the social determinants of health.
- Education of health professionals to care for underserved populations, including addressing the need for more primary care providers.
- Programs to diversify the health professional workforce so that it more closely matches across many dimensions the populations to be served.
- Domestic programs that promote an understanding of global health.
For more information about the selection criteria and process as well as instructions on how to apply to the program read our brochure. Deadline for applications is 3pm ET on March 6, 2013. All applications must be completed online.
To learn about the current Macy Faculty Scholars visit: http://macyfoundation.org/macy-scholars
Check back for details about the informational webinar on January 23, 2013.