Macy Regional Conferences on Innovations in GME
Amid calls for reform in the way new doctors are trained, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation has launched the Macy Regional Conferences on Innovations in GME.
Macy has joined with leading academic institutions in six locations across the country to engage medical leaders, health professions educators and residents in a forum to showcase innovations and share promising models related to the structure, content and financing of graduate medical education (GME) programs.
Dates and locations:
- February 1, 2016: Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN)
- February 17, 2016: MD Anderson Cancer Center and the University of Texas System (Houston, TX)
- March 30, 2016: University of California, San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- March 31, 2016: University of Washington - WWAMI (Spokane, WA)
- May 6, 2016: Partners HealthCare (Boston, MA)
- May 23, 2016: University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
Each forum will focus on pioneering GME models being developed in that region—from program design and new training sites to payment mechanisms and assessment tools. The goal is to surface opportunities for replicating and scaling up innovations to address problems with GME at the national as well as regional level.
At the culmination of the series, Macy issued a final report that showcases what was learned and synthesizes key insights. Read the Report: Innovations in Graduate Medical Education: Aligning Residency Training with Changing Societal Needs
Get involved: Follow #GMEInnovations to join the online conversation.
Learn more: Read the December 2015 press release.Dr. George Thibault in Health Affairs: Macy Foundation Goes On The Road To Spotlight Innovations In Doctor Training
- IOM Report on GME Affirms Continuation of Medicare Funding; Recommends More Public Accountability
- Ensuring an Effective Physician Workforce for the United States
- Ensuring an Effective Physician Workforce for America
- Vanderbilt: Meet explores innovations in graduate medical education
- UCSF: Macy Conference Highlights GME Innovations, Commitment to Health Care Equity
Macy Regional Conferences on Innovations in GME Co-Hosts: